Fortinet FortiAP 14C Access Point
Secure Remote Access Points
The FortiAP-14C is a low cost 1x1 MIMO access point with integrated 5 port 10/100 switch in small desktop form factor. This device enables home office connectivity to the corporate network.
Sorry, this product is no longer available. Please contact us for a replacement.
The need for Secure Remote Access Points
Enterprises are looking to increase productivity through uninterrupted access to applications and resources, without compromising security and agility. You want to also extend your network to your employees’ home offices and increase productivity, yet you want to retain visibility and control of your wireless network traffic by enforcing the same policies. You also need a solution that is easy for the employees to self install and for you to provision quickly and troubleshoot remotely.
Integrated Wireless Security and Access Solution
Fortinet’s remote wireless access points deliver secure, identity-driven WiFi client access that creates a fortified WLAN network for the home user and tunnels traffic security to the corporate network. Centrally managed by a supported FortiGate® or FortiWiFi™ platform with its integrated wireless controller, these remote APs allow you to deploy a comprehensive, integrated security solution for your wireless and wired networks. The centralized FortiGate controllers enable you to deploy comprehensive unified threat management (UTM) protection over your wireless network.
Method of Operation
Upon powering up, this family of remote FAP automatically retrieves an IP address from the home WAN router and performs a DNS lookup of the preprovisioned domain name of your company to locate the wireless controller installed in your private cloud. Once connected to the wireless controller, it provides its device certificate to authenticate itself to the wireless controller and downloads its configuration along with the SSIDs it needs to broadcast throughout the home. You can configure the corporate controller to broadcast the same office SSID at the home office for seamless roaming and zero reconfiguration of employee laptops. Once the home user connects to the office SSID in their home, all their traffic will be forwarded through a secure SSL tunnel to the corporate network without the need for any VPN clients. The wired ports can also be bridged with one of the SSIDs so devices, such as VoIP phones, can also connect to corporate office without any need for complex configuration. We have designed this product to save IT administrators time and reduce helpdesk calls.
High Performance Secure Thin Access Points
- Leverage existing FortiGate or FortiWiFi platforms as controllers for low TCO
- Full range of authentications and access for all use cases
- Integration with FortiManager™ and FortiAnalyzer™ for unified control and reporting
- Fast Roaming for uninterrupted data access
- Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (ARRP) for optimized throughput
- Flexible deployment options with simple per device pricing
- Layer 7 application QoS for maximum business productivity
- Rogue AP control for PCI DSS compliance
- FortiCare Premium Support
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades
- FortiCare Elite Support
FortiCare Premium Support with FortiCare Elite Ticket Handling.
- Prices are for one year of Premium RMA support. Usual discounts can be applied.
- Annual contracts only. No multi-year SKUs are available for these services.
- Contact Fortinet Renewals team for upgrade quotations for existing FortiCare contracts.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.