Fortinet Fortiguard Security Rating Service
Security Best Practices
Security Rating Service is intended to guide customers to design, implement and continually maintain the target Security Fabric security posture suited for their organization. The Security Fabric is fundamentally built on security best practices and by running these audit checks, security teams will be able to identify critical vulnerabilities and configuration weaknesses in their Security Fabric setup, and implement best practice recommendations.
The Security Rating Service provides:
- Provides up-to-date risk and vulnerability data in the context of what is important to the business.
- Network and security teams can coordinate and prioritize fixes in a timely manner.
- As Security Fabric features and security audit checks are updated to match evolving vulnerability exploits and attacks, Security and Network teams can identify opportunities to improve systems configurations and automate processes. This results in improved network and security operations.
- Helps to keep pace with evolving compliance and regulatory standards.
- This structured approach for configuration monitoring and tuning brings additional value to other critical processes. Supports quicker business decisions and remediation in data breach situations.
- The status of 3rd party asset compliance can be monitored to ensure they are adhering to Enterprise Security Policies. Risk management teams can proactively monitor the status of security controls against compliance and regulatory standards.
- Brings value to Operations Teams (OT), through early awareness of potentially non-compliant assets, unstable system configuration states, and data flow anomalies.