Fortinet FortiSwitchRugged 424F-POE
Secure, Ruggedized Ethernet Switching
Our Price: $9,540.00
Performance and Features Designed for Harsh Environments
FortiSwitch™ Rugged switches deliver all of the enterprise features, performance, and security of the trusted FortiSwitch secure, simple, scalable Ethernet solution. Our rugged switches have added hardware reinforcement and software features that make them ideal for deployments in hostile environments, as well as operational technology (OT) industrial and control networks.
Resilient, sturdy, and capable of withstanding intense temperature fluctuations, FortiSwitch Rugged ensures the integrity and performance of mission-critical networks in even the most challenging of deployments. When united with FortiGate Rugged NextGeneration Firewalls, IT and OT network administrators can deploy a converged Ethernet architecture that offers powerful cybersecurity protection engineered to survive in hostile environments.
Security-Driven Networking Through FortiLink
FortiLink is an innovative proprietary management protocol that allows FortiGates to seamlessly manage any FortiSwitch. FortiLink enables the FortiSwitch to become a logical extension of the FortiGate, integrating it directly into the Fortinet Security Fabric. This management option reduces complexity and decreases management costs as network security and access layer functions are enabled and managed through a single console.
FortiLink integration enables centralized policy management and offers basic network access control (NAC) functionality, making both easy to implement and manage. This converged Security-Driven architecture, centered around the FortiGate running FortiOS, offers better protection and lower cost of ownership than multiple point products. Coupled with the FortiGuard Industrial Security Service, it ensures that critical networks receive real-time protection.
Operational Technology Applications
IT/OT convergence has created opportunities for improved reliability and performance. The Fortinet LAN Edge solution enables OT network administrators to take advantage of these gains while introducing cybersecurity into previously air-gapped systems. FortiGate, FortiSwitch, and FortiAP access points are all available in rugged or hardened form factors to offer a convergence of networking and security to both protect and enhance critical OT industrial and control networks.
Durability, Power, and Speed with Zero-touch Manageability
The FortiSwitch Rugged series offers durability coupled with the Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) speeds necessary for today’s mission-critical hardened applications. Zero-touch deployment and scalable NOC management options simplify the administration and support of Ethernet networks and their security, without complex licensing.
As local area network (LAN) requirements continue to evolve, power has become an important consideration when evaluating Ethernet switches. FortiSwitch Rugged with advanced PoE options like PoE++ enables IT and OT admins to future-proof their Ethernet access layer. These PoE capabilities let IT managers deploy and power IoT devices such as cameras, sensors, and wireless access points in the network, with power and data delivered over the same network cable.
- Durable. Mean time between failure is greater than 25 years. Designed to perform while enduring hostile conditions with built to ingress protection up to IP30 and IP40 standards
- Fanless. Passive cooling with no fan and no moving parts
- Industrial Application Ready. Supports: Precision Time Protocol IEEE1588v2, HSR/PRP to implement zero-loss redundancy on wired Ethernet, and meets power substations requirements IEEE1613 / IEC 61850-3
- High Performance. Gigabit Ethernet speeds and above on all ports with auto negotiation to support legacy devices
- Next-Generation PoE Support. With PoE support in all models and nextgeneration PoE++ in specific models, FortiSwitch Rugged can deliver and manage power where needed for devices such as cameras, sensors, and wireless access points
- Multiple Form Factors. DIN-rail and rack mount options
- Zero-touch Deployment. Auto discovery and simplified configuration enable rapid deployment of network services
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Options
- Entry-Level NAC Included. Secure onboarding standard IoT devices at no additional charge with the FortiGuard IoT service, available for OT
- Redundant Power Inputs. Maximize network availability by eliminating the downtime associated with failure of a power input
- FortiCare Premium Support
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades
- FortiCare Elite Support
FortiCare Premium Support with FortiCare Elite Ticket Handling.
- Prices are for one year of Premium RMA support. Usual discounts can be applied.
- Annual contracts only. No multi-year SKUs are available for these services.
- Contact Fortinet Renewals team for upgrade quotations for existing FortiCare contracts.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $9,540.00
Our Price: $917.75
Our Price: $2,753.24
Our Price: $4,588.74
Our Price: $1,376.62
Our Price: $4,129.87
Our Price: $6,883.11
Our Price: $458.87
Our Price: $1,376.62
Our Price: $2,294.37