Fortinet FortiSandbox VM
Multi-Layer Proactive Threat Mitigation
Sorry, this product is no longer available, Services and subscriptions can be purchased below.
Today's most sophisticated cybercriminals are increasingly bypassing traditional antimalware solutions and inserting advanced persistent threats deep within networks. These highly targeted attacks evade established signature-based detection by masking their malicious nature in many ways — compression, encryption, polymorphism, the list of techniques goes on.
Some have even begun to evade virtual "sandbox" environments using VM detection, "time bombs" and more. Fighting today's attacks requires a comprehensive and integrated approach — more than antimalware. More than a virtual sandbox. More than a separate monitoring system.
FortiSandbox offers a robust combination of proactive detection and mitigation, actionable threat insight and integrated and automated deployment. At its foundation is a unique, duallevel sandbox which is complemented by Fortinet's award-winning antimalware and optional integrated FortiGuard threat intelligence. Years of Fortinet threat expertise is now packaged up and available on site or in the cloud via FortiSandbox.
Proactive Detection and MitigationSuspicious codes are subjected to multi-layer pre-filters prior to execution in the virtual OS for detailed behavioral analysis. The highly effective pre-filters include a screen by our AV engine, queries to cloud-based threat databases and OS-independent simulation with a code emulator, followed by execution in the full virtual runtime environment. Once a malicious code is detected, granular ratings along with key threat intelligence is available, a signature is dynamically created for distribution to integrated products and full threat information is optionally shared with FortiGuard Labs for the update of global threat databases.
Actionable InsightAll classifications — malicious and high/medium/low risk — are presented within an intuitive dashboard. Full threat information from the virtual execution — including system activity, exploit efforts, web traffic, subsequent downloads, communication attempts and more — is available in rich logs and reports.
The ultimate combination of proactive mitigation, advanced threat visibility and comprehensive reporting.
- Secure virtual runtime environment exposes unknown threats
- Unique multi-layer prefilters aid fast and effective threat detection
- Rich reporting provides full threat lifecycle visibility
- Inspection of many protocols in one appliance simplifies deployment and reduces cost
- Integration and automation with Fortinet threat prevention products enhances rather than duplicates security infrastructure
- Independent testing and certification validates effectiveness
Advanced Threat Protection Framework:
The most effective defense against advanced targeted attacks is founded on a cohesive and extensible protection framework. The Fortinet framework uses security intelligence across an integrated solution of traditional and advanced security tools for network, application and endpoint security, and threat detection to deliver actionable, continuously improving protection.
Fortinet integrates the intelligence of FortiGuard Labs into FortiGate next generation firewalls, FortiMail secure email gateways, FortClient endpoint security, FortiSandbox advanced threat detection, and other security products to continually optimize and improve the level of security delivered to organizations with a Fortinet solution.
Prevent AttacksFortinet next generation firewalls, secure email gateways, web application firewalls, endpoint security and similar solutions use security such as antivirus, web filtering, IPS, and other traditional security techniques to quickly and efficiently prevent known threats from impacting an organization.
Detect and Analyze ThreatsFortiSandbox and other advanced detection techniques step in to detect "Zero-day" threats and sophisticated attacks, delivering risk ratings and attack details necessary for remediation.
Mitigate Impact and Improve ProtectionIn a Fortinet solution, detection findings can be used to trigger prevention actions to ensure the safety of resources and data until remediation is in place. Finally, the entire security ecosystem updates to mitigate any impact from future attacks through the strong, integrated threat intelligence research and services of FortiGuard Labs.
Complement your established defenses with cuttingedge capability — analyzing suspicious and high-risk files in a contained environment to uncover the full attack lifecycle using system activity and callback detection.
File Analysis ToolsReports with captured packets, original file, tracer log and screenshot provide rich threat intelligence and actionable insight after files are examined. This is to speed up remediation and updated protection.
Fortinet's ability to uniquely integrate various products with FortiSandbox offers automatic protection with incredibly simple setup. Once a malicious code is determined, the analyzer will develop and forward the dynamically generated signature to all registered devices and clients. These devices then examine subsequent files against the latest DB.
Multi-tiered file processing optimizes resource usage that improves security, capacity and performance
- Applies top-rated (95%+ Reactive and Proactive) AV Scanning. Serves as an efficient pre-filter.
- Real-time check of latest malware information
- Access to shared information for instant malware detection
- Quickly simulates intended activity
- OS independent and immune to evasion/obfuscation
Full Virtual Sandbox
- Secure run-time environment for behavioral analysis/rating
- Exposes full threat lifecycle information
Call Back Detection
- Identifies the ultimate aim, call back and exfiltration
- Supports WebUI and CLI configurations
- Multiple administrator account creation
- Configuration file backup and restore
- Notification email when malicious file is detected
- Weekly report to global email list and FortiGate administrators
- Centralized search page which allows administrators to build customized search conditions
- Frequent signature auto-updates
- Automatic check and download new VM images
- VM status monitoring
- Radius Authentication for administrators
- Static Routing Support
- File Input: Offline/sniffer mode, On-demand file upload, file submission from integrated device(s)
- Option to create simulated network for scanned file to access in a closed network environment
- High-Availability Clustering support
- Port monitoring for fail-over in a cluster
- File Submission input: FortiGate, FortiClient, FortiMail, FortiWeb
- File Status Feedback and Report: FortiGate, FortiClient, FortiMail, FortiWeb
- Dynamic Threat DB update: FortiGate, FortiClient, FortiMail
- Periodically push dynamic DB to registered entities.
- File checksum and malicious URL DB
- Update Database proxy: FortiManager
- Remote Logging: FortiAnalyzer, syslog server
- Web-based API with which users can upload samples to scan indirectly
- Bit9 end point software integration
Advanced Threat Protection
- Virtual OS Sandbox:
- Concurrent instances
- OS type supported: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Android
- Anti-evasion techniques: sleep calls, process and registry queries
- Callback Detection: malicious URL visit, Botnet C&C communication and attacker traffic from activated malware
- Download Capture packets, Original File, Tracer log and Screenshot
- File type support:
- Archived: .tar, .gz, .tar.gz, .tgz, .zip, .bz2, .tar.bz2, .bz, .tar.Z,.cab, .rar, .arj
- Executable files: (eg: .exe, .dll), PDF, Windows Office Document, AdobeFlash and JavaArchive (JAR) files
- Script files: .js,.bat,.vbs,.ps1,.cmd
- Media files: .avi, .mpeg, .mp3, .mp4
- Protocols/applications supported:
- Sniffer mode: HTTP, FTP, POP3, IMAP, SMTP, SMB
- Integrated mode with FortiGate: HTTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, MAPI, FTP, IM and their equivalent SSL encrypted versions
- Integrated mode with FortiMail: SMTP, POP3, IMAP
- Integrated mode with FortiWeb: HTTP
- Customize VMs with support file types support
- Isolate VM image traffic from system traffic
- Network threat detection in Sniffer Mode: Identify Botnet activities and network attacks, malicious URL visit
- Scan SMB/NFS network share and quarantine suspicious files. Scan can be scheduled
- Scan embedded URLs inside document files
- Integrate option for third partyYara rules
- Option to auto-submit suspicious files to cloud service for manual analysis and signature creation
- Option to forward files to a network share for further third-party scanning
- Files checksum whitelist and blacklist option
- URLs submission for scan and query from emails and files
Monitoring and Report
- Real-Time Monitoring Widgets (viewable by source and time period options): Scanning result statistics, scanning activities (over time), top targeted hosts, top malware, top infectious urls, top callback domains
- Drilldown Event Viewer: Dynamic table with content of actions, malware name, rating, type, source, destination, detection time and download path
- Logging — GUI, download RAW log file
- Report generation for malicious files: Detailed reports on file characteristics and behaviors – file modification, process behaviors, registry behaviors, network behaviors, vm snapshot, behavior chronology chart
- Further Analysis: Downloadable files — Sample file, Sandbox tracer logs and PCAP capture
FortiSandbox supports inspection of many protocols in one unified solution, thus simplifies network infrastructure and operations. Further, it integrates with FortiGate as a new capability within your existing security framework.
The FortiSandbox is the most flexible threat analysis appliance in the market as it offers various deployment options for customers' unique configurations and requirements. Organizations can also have all three input options at the same time.
This deployment mode relies on inputs from spanned switch ports or network taps. It may also include administrators' on-demand file uploads using the GUI. It is the most suitable infrastructure for adding protection capabilities to existing threat protection systems from various vendors.
Various Fortinet products, namely FortiGate, FortiMail, FortiWeb and FortiClient can intercept and submit suspicious content to FortiSandbox when they are configured to interact with FortiSandbox. The integration will also provide timely remediation and reporting capabilities to those devices.
* Not applicable to FortIWeb
This deployment is attractive for organizations that have distributed environments, where FortiGates are deployed in the branch offices and submit suspicious files to a centrallylocated FortiSandbox. This setup yields the benefits of lowest TCO and protects against threats in remote locations.
|Hypervisor Support||VMware ESXi version 5.1 or later, Citrix XenServer 6.2 or later, Linux KVM CentOS 7.2 or later|
|Virtual CPUs (Minimum / Maximum)||4 / Unlimited
(Fortinet recommends that the number of vCPUs match the number of Windows VM +4.)
|Memory Support (Minimum / Maximum)||8 GB / Unlimited|
|Virtual Storage (Minimum / Maximum)||30 GB / 16 TB|
|Total Virtual Network Interfaces (Minimum)||6|
|VM Sandboxing (Files/Hour)||Hardware Dependent|
|AV Scanning (Files/Hour)||Hardware Dependent|
|Number of VMs||4 to 54 (Upgrade via appropriate licenses)|
|FSA Appliance and VM||File Submission||*FortiOS V5.0.4+||FortiClient for Windows OS V5.4+||FortiMail OS V5.1+||FortiWeb OS V5.4+|
|File Status Feedback||*FortiOS V5.0.4+||FortiClient for Windows OS V5.4+||FortiMail OS V5.1+||FortiWeb OS V5.4+|
|File Detailed Report||*FortiOS V5.4+||FortiClient for Windows OS V5.4+||FortiMail OS V5.1+||–|
|Dynamic Threat DB Update||*FortiOS V5.4+||FortiClient for Windows OS V5.4+||FortiMail OS V5.3+||FortiWeb OS V5.4+|
|FortiSandbox Cloud||File Submission||*FortiOS V5.2.3+||–||FortiMail OS V5.3+||FortiWeb OS 5.5.3+|
|File Status Feedback||*FortiOS V5.2.3+||–||FortiMail OS V5.3+||FortiWeb OS 5.5.3+|
|File Detailed Report||*FortiOS V5.2.3+||–||–||–|
|Dynamic Threat DB Update||*FortiOS V5.4+||–||FortiMail OS V5.3+||FortiWeb OS 5.5.3+|
*some models may require CLI configuration
Download the Fortinet FortiSandbox Series Datasheet (PDF).
- Sandbox Threat Intelligence (Antivirus, IPS, Web Filtering, File Query, Industrial Security, SandBox Engine) plus FortiCare Premium
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, Antivirus, IPS, Web Filtering, File Query, Industrial Security, SandBox Engine. Does not include Windows or MS Office licenses i.e. BYOL
- Hardware plus FortiCare Premium, with NDR and ANN engine updates & baseline
Hardware Unit, FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, NDR & ANN Updates, Advanced Malware Protection, IPS, AV, Botnet IP/Domain, and Web filtering, IOT & IOC detection
- FortiCare Premium with NDR and ANN engine updates & baseline
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, NDR & ANN Updates, Advanced Malware Protection, IPS, AV, Botnet IP/Domain, and Web filtering, IOT & IOC detection
- Prices are for one year of Premium RMA support. Usual discounts can be applied.
- Annual contracts only. No multi-year SKUs are available for these services.
- Contact Fortinet Renewals team for upgrade quotations for existing FortiCare contracts.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $1,363.64
Our Price: $1,363.64
Our Price: $4,621.21
Our Price: $9,166.66
1 Device or 2 End points or 3 Advanced Agents Log & FIM or 10 Advanced Agents - UEBA Telemetry equals 1 point.
Our Price: $13,712.11
Call For Lowest Price!
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $12,600.00
Call For Lowest Price!
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $1,363.64
Our Price: $2,500.08