Fortinet FortiManager 1000D Appliance
Centralized Security Management
Sorry, this product is no longer available. Please Contact Us for a replacement.
Click here to jump to more pricing!
Take Control of Your Security Infrastructure
The FortiManager family delivers the versatility you need to effectively manage your Fortinetbased security infrastructure. FortiManager drastically reduces management costs, simplifies configuration, and accelerates deployment cycles, whether you are deploying new devices, installing security policies, or Virdistributing updates.
FortiManager also provides crucial timesaving features like device auto-discovery, group management, global policies, auditing facilities, and the ability to manage complex VPN environments. FortiManager, coupled with the FortiAnalyzer™ family of centralized logging and reporting appliances, provides a comprehensive and powerful centralized management solution for your organization.
Fortinet’s Versatile Management Solution
Networks are constantly evolving due to threats, organizational growth or new regulatory/business requirements. Traditional management products focus on mitigating company-wide threats through firewall policies, firmware updates and keeping content security current.
FortiManager offers enterprise class features to contain these threats, but also provides flexibility to evolve along with your ever-changing network. In addition to being able to manage hundreds or even thousands of FortiGate devices, FortiManager now includes basic FortiAnalyzer logging and reporting functions for administrators who prefer a consolidated management platform.
Key tenets of Fortinet’s management versatility:
- Diversity of form factors
- Architectural flexibility
- Highly customizable
- Simple licensing
|Key Features & Benefits|
|Integrated FortiAnalyzer Logging||This allows for a tighter integration and correlation of events and policies. A consolidated platform allows customers to more easily deploy Fortinet management products.|
|Hierarchical Objects Database||Facilitates reuse of common configurations across the organization in both local and global ADOM levels.|
|Automated Device Provisioning / Centralized Policy Configuration||Reduces cost of deploying new FortiGate or FortiClient installations and maintains policies across all managed assets.|
|Role-Based Administration||Enables distributed administration, an important requirement for larger organizations.|
|Policy/Device Auditing||Allows you to prove compliance, and track any deviations from the required security policy.|
|In-view Policy Object Editing||Faster rulebase editing without opening new windows or changing context.|
|Device Profiles||Aids in mass provisioning of managed devices.|
Administrative Domains (ADOMs) and Global Policy
Enables a primary administrator to create groups of devices for other administrators to monitor and manage
- Administrators can manage devices in their geographic location or business division
- Multiple FortiGate virtual domains (VDOMs) can be divided among multiple ADOMs
- Granular permissions allow assigning ADOMs and policies to particular users
- Administrators can only access devices or VDOMs assigned to them
- Create device configuration templates to quickly configure a new Fortinet appliance
- Within each ADOM, there is a common database of objects shared by all devices and policy packages allowing users to reuse similar configurations among a group of managed assets
- Global Policy capabilities are available on all FortiManager hardware models and virtual machines
JSON and XML (Web Services) APIs
- JSON API — Allows MSSPs/large enterprises to create customized, branded web portals for policy and object administration
- XML API — Enables administrators to automate common tasks such as provisioning new FortiGates and configuring existing devices
Locally Hosted Security Content
Hosting security content locally allows the administrator greater control over security content updates and provides improved response time for rating databases. Includes support for:
- Antivirus definition updates
- Intrusion Prevention updates
- Vulnerability and Compliance Management updates
- Web Filtering (select systems)
- Antispam (select systems)
Command and Control
- Manage devices and endpoint agents individually or as logical groups
- Discover new devices automatically
- Create, deploy, and monitor virtual private networks
- Delegate control to other users with distributed administration features
- Audit configuration changes to ensure compliance
Monitor, Analyze and Report
- Access vital security and network statistics
- Real-time monitoring and integrated basic reporting provide visibility into network and user activity.
- For more powerful analytics, combine with a FortiAnalyzer appliance for additional data mining and graphical reporting capabilities
FortiManager Supported Devices
- FortiGate and FortiCarrier Consolidated Security Appliances
- FortiAP Wireless Access Points
- FortiMail Messaging Security Systems
- FortiWeb Web Application Security
- FortiAnalyzer Reporting and Analysis Appliances
- FortiSwitch Switching Platforms
- FortiSandbox Advanced Threat Protection Appliances
|FORTIMANAGER APPLIANCES||FORTIMANAGER 200D||FORTIMANAGER 300D||FORTIMANAGER 1000D||FORTIMANAGER 3900E||FORTIMANAGER 4000E|
|Capacity and Performance|
|GB/Day of Logs||2||2||2||10||10|
|Hardware Form Factor||1 RU Rackmount||1 RU Rackmount||2 RU Rackmount||2 RU Rackmount||2 RU Rackmount|
|Total Interfaces||4x GE||4x GE||6x GE, 2x GE SFP||2x GE, 2x GE SFP+||4x GE, 2x GE SFP|
|Storage Capacity||1 TB (1x 1 TB)||4 TB (2x 2 TB)||8 TB (4x 2 TB)||15 TB SSD (15x 1 TB SSD)||16 TB (8x 2 TB)|
|Removable Hard Drives||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|RAID Levels Supported||None||RAID 0/1||RAID 0/1/5/10||RAID 0/1/5/6/10/50/60||RAID 0/1/5/6/10/50/60|
|High Availability Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Redundant Hot Swap Power Supplies||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.8 x 17.1 x 13.9||1.7 x 17.1 x 14.3||3.5 x 17.1 x 14.5||3.5 x 17.2 x 26.9||3.4 x 19 x 29.7|
|Height x Width x Length (cm)||4.5 x 43.4 x 35.2||4.4 x 43.4 x 36.4||9 x 43.4 x 36.8||8.9 x 43.7 x 68.4||8.7 x 48.2 x 75.5|
|Weight||13.4 lbs (6.1 kg)||15.9 lbs (7.2 kg)||30.6 lbs (13.9 kg)||52 lbs (23.6 kg)||71.5 lbs (32.5 Kg)|
|AC Power Supply||100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz,
6 Amp Maximum
|100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz,
4.0 Amp Maximum
|100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz,
5 Amp Maximum
|100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz,
10 Amp Maximum
|100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz,
10 Amp Maximum
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||60 W / 72 W||162 W / 172 W||133 W / 160 W||391 W / 470 W||376 W / 561 W|
|Heat Dissipation||205 BTU/h||666 BTU/h||546 BTU/h||1637 BTU/h||1947 BTU/h|
|Operating Temperature||32–104°F (0–40°C)||50–95°F (10–35°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)||50–95°F (10–35°C)||50–95°F (10-35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-13–158ºF (-25–70ºC)||-40–158ºF (-40–70ºC)||-13–158°F (-25–70°C)||-40–140°F (-40–60°C)||-40–149°F (-40–65°C)|
|Humidity||5–95% non-condensing||8–90% non-condensing||5–95% non-condensing||5–95% (non-condensing)||20–90% non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Safety Certifications||FCC Class A Part 15, UL/CB/cUL, C-Tick, VCCI, CE||FCC Class A Part 15, UL/CB/cUL, C-Tick, VCCI, CE||FCC Class A Part 15, UL/CB/cUL, C-Tick, VCCI, CE||FCC Class A Part 15, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, BSMI, UL/CB/cUL||FCC Part 15 Class A, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, BSMI, KC, UL/cUL, CB, GOST|
|FORTIMANAGER VIRTUAL APPLIANCES||FMG-VM-BASE||FMG-VM-10-UG||FMG-VM-100-UG||FMG-VM-1000-UG||FMG-VM-5000-UG||FMG-VM-U-UG|
|Storage Capacity3||100 GB||200 GB||1 TB||4 TB||8 TB||16 TB|
|GB/Day of Logs3||1||2||5||10||25||50|
|Hypervisor Support||VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0/4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0, Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2/2012/2012 R2, Citrix XenServer 6.0+, Open Source Xen 4.1+, KVM, Amazon Web Services (AWS)|
|vCPU Support (Minimum / Maximum)||1 / Unlimited|
|Network Interface Support (Minimum / Maximum)||1 / 4|
|Storage Support (Minimum / Maximum)||80 GB / 16 TB|
|Memory Support (Minimum / Maximum)||1 GB / 4 GB for 32-bit and 2 GB / Unlimited for 64-bit|
|High Availability Support||Yes|
1 Each Virtual Domain (VDOM) operating on a physical or virtual device counts as one (1) licensed network device 2 Limited in software to 10,000 devices/VDOMs 3 Storage Capacity and GB/Day of Logs are not stackable. These values represent the maximum available with purchased license.
Download the Fortinet FortiManager Series Datasheet (PDF).
- Hardware plus FortiCare Premium and FortiCare BPS
Hardware Unit, FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, FortiCare Best Practice Service (Initial Deploy and FortiGate Upgrade/Migration) plus term of contract
- FortiCare Premium plus FortiCare Best Practice Service (Initial Deploy and FortiGate Upgrade/Migration)
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, FortiCare Best Practice Service (Initial Deploy and FortiGate Upgrade/Migration)
- FortiCare Premium Support
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades
- FortiCare Elite Support
FortiCare Premium Support with FortiCare Elite Ticket Handling.
- Prices are for one year of Premium RMA support. Usual discounts can be applied.
- Annual contracts only. No multi-year SKUs are available for these services.
- Contact Fortinet Renewals team for upgrade quotations for existing FortiCare contracts.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.