Fortinet FortiCache VM02
ISP & Enterprise-Class Content Caching
Sorry, this product is no longer available. Please Contact Us for a replacement.
- Reduces bandwidth requirements by caching repeatedly accessed content on-net
- Caches resource heavy viral video content, e.g. YouTube, MSN, Metacafe etc.
– Detects same video ID when content comes from different CDN hosts
– Seek forward/backward in video
– Detect advertisements automatically played before actual videos
- Reduces the need for costly network upgrades
- Improves network latency which increases customer satisfaction
- Secures the enterprise
– Web content filtering to prevent access to unwanted or malicious content
– Antimalware protection to protect the network from virus and other malicious threats
- Increases enterprise communication
– Support for WAN Optimization enhances inter-location communications
Dealing With Bandwidth Demand
The Internet is experiencing dramatic changes in usage patterns as users shift from fixed to mobile access and the volume of interactive and video content increases dramatically. Carriers, service providers, large enterprises and educational grids all face a similar problem: Exponential growth in bandwidth requirements that consume capacity as soon as they create it. Networks have to be able to keep up with volatile demand, avoiding network congestion while maintaining service functionality and profitability.
Take Back Control of the Network
The FortiCache Range of Appliances give you control of your network by enabling you to cache content and accelerate applications, thus reducing the impact of these new pressures on the network. The FortiCache high-end caching solution provides application caching for large enterprises, ISPs, mobile providers, telcos, universities and educational grids. By caching application content, organizations can reuse popular content rather than download the same content each time a user requests it.The integrated FortiGuard Web Filtering allows the network administrator to block access to selected content (e.g. adult content, malicious etc) to protect users or offer differentiated services.
|Enterprise Class Content Caching
|Increases network performance, improves user satisfaction and reduces bandwidth costs.
|Minimizes impact of viral video on network resource by caching common resource intensive web video formats including YouTube.
|FortiGuard Antivirus and Web Content Filtering
|Protects users from accessing unwanted content and secures network from malicious malware threats.
|OS and Microsoft Application Update Caching
|Minimizes the impact of “Patch Tuesday” events by caching updates for what can be thousands of requests.
Bandwidth Reduction and Application Acceleration
The Internet is increasingly driven by short-term phenomena as news stories, sporting events, viral videos and games drive spikes in bandwidth demand. Interest in such content can spread within minutes, proliferate quickly and generate huge loads on the network. The result is congestion, latency and unplanned cost. By reducing the amount of bandwidth used, particularly during demand spikes, service providers and enterprises can deliver a higher quality of service to their customers, improve customer satisfaction, retain a larger customer base and ultimately drive profitability.
FortiCache Network Control
You may be battling against the continuous need to upgrade bandwidth and the associated costs. In some locations, it may not be possible to purchase additional bandwidth. In these situations, FortiCache can enable your organization to remove the need for costly upgrades and gain more performance from your existing investments.
FortiCache enables the network administrator to optimize and accelerate the network by keeping as much traffic as possible "on net" and thus decrease the utilization of valuable external connectivity. This allows upgrades to be planned strategically rather than reactively. FortiCache understands the delivery format of content delivery networks, enabling caching of dynamic, distributed and streaming video content, even if such video is padded with advertisements or the file is served from different locations within the Content Delivery Network.
- 24x7 FortiCare Contract
24x7 Support, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades
- Prices are for one year of Premium RMA support. Usual discounts can be applied.
- Annual contracts only. No multi-year SKUs are available for these services.
- Contact Fortinet Renewals team for upgrade quotations for existing FortiCare contracts.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $3,483.98
Our Price: $5,574.02
Our Price: $3,483.76
Our Price: $2,787.18