Application Delivery Controllers
The FortiADC Application Delivery Controllers (ADC) optimize the availability, user experience, performance and scalability of Enterprise Application Delivery. The FortiADC family of physical appliances delivers fast, secure and intelligent acceleration and distribution of demanding applications in the enterprise.
Optimize Application Delivery
With bandwidth demand growing faster than budgets and cyber attacks constantly on the rise, it can be challenging to securely and efficiently deliver applications at the speed your users expect. Fortinet ADC appliances optimize the availability, user experience, and scalability of enterprise application delivery. They deliver fast, secure, and intelligent acceleration and distribution of even the most demanding enterprise applications.
FortiADCs ensure application security and performance with:
- Application-aware intelligence for smart distribution of application traffic
- Bandwidth prioritization through Quality of Service (QoS) policies
- 24x7 application availability through automatic failover, global server load balancing, and link load balancing to optimize WAN connectivity
- Web application firewall to defend against application vulnerabilities
High-performance, Secure Application Delivery
- Comprehensive server load balancing for 99.999% application uptime
- Server offloading for improved application acceleration, scale and TCO
- Intelligent traffic management for optimized application delivery and availability
- Hardware-based SSL offloading
- Authentication Offloading
- Included Global Server Load Balancing
- Included Link Load Balancing
- Web Application Firewall with automatic updates
- Scripting for custom load balancing and content rewriting
- Appliance and virtual machine form factors
- Accelerate content delivery with dynamic compression
- Prioritize applications and manage bandwidth using Quality of Service (QoS) policies
Features and Benefits
- Advanced Layer 7 Load Balancing
Intuitive L7 policy-based routing to dynamically rewrite content to support complex applications and server configurations.
- SSL Offloading, Forward Proxy, and Visiblity
Hardware and software-based SSL offloading reduces the performance impact on your server infrastructure. Also provides SSL visibility, decryption and re-encryption for FortiGate to easily inspect traffic for threats.
- Global Server Load Balancing
Included Global Server Load Balancing distributes traffic across multiple geographical locations for disaster recovery or to improve user response times.
- Link Load Balancing
Link Load Balancing distributes traffic over multiple ISPs to increase resilience and reduce the need for costly bandwidth upgrades.
- IP Reputation
IP Reputation Service protects your applications against automated web attacks by identifying access from botnets and other malicious sources.
- Web Application Firewall
Protect applications with Web Application Attack signatures and HTTP RFC compliance.
Hardware-Based SSL Offloading, SSL Inspection, and Visibility
FortiADC offloads server-intensive SSL processing with support for 4096-bit keys, TCP connection management, data compression and HTTP request processing from servers. This speeds up response times, reduces load on the backend servers, allowing them to serve more users.
SSL Forward Proxy utilizes FortiADC’s high-capacity decryption and encryption to allow other devices, such as a FortiGate firewall, to easily inspect traffic for threats. An inline pair of FortiADCs at the front end and back end of a firewall remove all encryption so that the firewall isn’t taxed with the additional load of SSL processing. FortiADC ensures seamless re-encryption with certificates intact with no user disruptions.
FortiADC’s Transparent HTTP/S and TCP/S Mirroring Capabilities decrypt secure traffic for inspection and reporting. Copies of clear traffic can be sent for analysis by FortiGate or other third-party solutions for an indepth view of threats that may be hidden in encrypted traffic while FortiADC continues to perform its application delivery functions.
FortiADC integrates with Gemalto’s SafeNet Enterprise Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) to use the advanced security certificates managed by the HSM for the encryption and decryption of secure application traffic. This lets organizations that use Gemalto’s SafeNet HSMs deploy a high-performance ADC solution using a strong, centrally-managed set of certificates and encryption keys.
Disaster Recovery with Global Server Load Balancing
FortiADC’s included Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) makes your network reliable and available by scaling applications across multiple data centers for disaster recovery or to improve application response times. Administrators can set up rules that direct traffic based on site availability, data center performance and network latency.
Link Load BalancingBuilt-in Link Load Balancing (LLB) gives you the option to connect your FortiADC to two or more WAN links to reduce the risk of outages or to add additional bandwidth to relieve traffic congestion. FortiADC supports inbound and outbound Link Load Balancing to manage traffic leaving or entering the device. Using policy routing, FortiADC can support complex NAT and routing requirements to address almost any network LLB architecture. With Tunnel Routing you get high-speed, reliable site-to-site connectivity without the need to lease expensive WAN links. It aggregates multiple links to create a virtual tunnel to a remote data center that ensures availability especially for applications that are time sensitive and require large single-session bandwidth such as video conferencing.
Reduce server overload, bandwidth saturation, high latency, and network performance issues with intelligent caching. FortiADC dynamically stores popular application content such as images, videos, HTML files and other file types to alleviate server resources and accelerate overall application performance.
HTTP CompressionAccelerate application performance and reduce overall bandwidth requirements with HTTP compression. FortiADC intelligently compresses HTTP and HTTPS traffic. By reducing server reply content size it accelerates performance and improves response times. FortiADC supports both industry standard GZIP and DEFLATE algorithms for many content types used by today’s latest web-based applications.
Virtual Domains (VDOMs)
Managed service provider and enterprise data center administrators can divide a FortiADC into two or more virtual FortiADC devices, each operating as an independent application delivery controller. Each VDOM can provide completely separate ADC services, such as server load balancing, SSL offloading, and traffic routing policies. A multi-VDOM FortiADC can be centrally managed or can be assigned to a VDOM administrator to manage their own virtual ADC.
Enhanced Protection with FortiGuard WAF, Web Filtering and IP Reputation ServicesWeb applications can be an easy target for hackers. FortiADC offers you multiple levels of protection to defend against attacks that target your applications. In addition to its stateful firewall feature, built in to every FortiADC is a Web Application Firewall that can detect known threats using FortiGuard WAF Security Services for layer 7 attack signatures (subscription required) and checks that requests haven’t been tampered with using its HTTP RFC compliance constraints. FortiGuard Web Filtering works with FortiADC’s SSL Forward Proxy feature to simplify the process of managing exceptions for secure traffic inspection. Instead of manually configuring single URLs, Web Filtering gives administrators the ability to choose websites by category type to enable or disable SSL traffic inspection as a group instead of on a site by site basis. FortiADC also supports our FortiGuard IP Reputation service (subscription required) that protects you from sources associated with DoS/ DDoS attacks, phishing schemes, spammers, malicious software and botnets.
Scripting to Extend Built-in FeaturesFortiADC’s Lua-based scripting language gives you the flexibility to create custom, event-driven rules using predefined commands, variables and operators. Using easy-to-create scripts, you get the flexibility you need to extend your FortiADC with specialized business rules that give you almost unlimited possibilities for server load balancing and content rewriting to meet the needs of your organization.
Intelligent and easy to configure Layer 4/7 policy and group management
- Virtual service definition with inherited persistence, load balancing method and pool members
- Static, default and backup policies and groups
- Layer 4/7 application routing policy
- Layer 4/7 server persistence
- Application load balancing based on round robin, weighted round robin, least connections, shortest response
- Granular real server control including warm up rate limiting and maintenance mode with session ramp down
- Custom Scripting for SLB and Content Rewriting
- Application Templates for Microsoft Applications including SharePoint, Exchange and Windows Remote Desktop
- TCP, UDP protocols supported
- Round robin, weighted round robin, least connections, shortest response
- L4 dynamic load balancing based on server parameters (CPU, Memory and disk)
- Persistent IP, has IP/port, hash header, persistent cookie, hash cookie, destination IP hash, URI hash, full URI hash, host hash, host domain hash
Layer 7 Application Load Balancing
- HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SIP, RDP, RADIUS, MySQL, RTMP, RTSP supported
- L7 content switching
– HTTP Host, HTTP Request URL, HTTP Referrer
– Source IP Address
- URL Redirect, HTTP request/response rewrite (includes HTTP body)
- Layer 7 DNS load balancing, security, and caching
- 403 Forbidden Rewrite
- Content rewriting
Link Load Balancing
- Inbound and outbound LLB
- Support for Policy Route and SNAT
- Multiple health check target support
- Configurable intervals, retries and timeouts
- Tunnel Routing
Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB)
- Global datacenter DNS based failover of web applications
- Delivers local and global load balancing between multi-site SSL VPN deployments
- DNS Access Control Lists
- One arm-mode (Proxy with X-forwarded for support)
- Router mode
- Transparent mode (switch)
- High Availability (AA/AP Failover
SSL Offloading and Acceleration
- Offloads HTTPS and TCPS processing while securing sensitive data
- Full certificate management features
- SSL Forward Proxy for secure traffic inspection
- HTTP/S Mirroring for traffic analysis and reporting
HTTP and TCP Optimization
- 100x acceleration by off-loading TCP processing
- Connection pooling and multiplexing for HTTP and HTTPS
- TCP buffering
- HTTP Compression and Decompression
- HTTP Caching (static and dynamic objects)
- Bandwidth allocation with Quality of Service (QoS)
- HTTP and Layer 4 Rate Limiting
- SAML 2.0 (SP & Idp)
- NAT for maximum flexibility and scalability
- VLAN and port trunking support
- BGP and OSPF Support
- IPv6 Support
- IPv6 routing
- IPv6 firewall rules
- Web Application Firewall
- GEO IP security and logs
- Stateful firewall
- Web Filtering (subscription required)
- IP Reputation (subscription required)
- IPv4 and 6 firewall rules
- Granular policy-based connection limiting
- Syn Cookie Protection
- Connection Limits
- Single point of cluster management
- CLI Interface for configuration and monitoring
- Secure SSH remote network management
- Secure Web UI access
- RESTful API
- SNMP with private MIBs with threshold-based traps
- Real-time Data Analytics
- Syslog support
- Role-based administration
- In-build diagnostic utilities
- Real-time monitoring graphs
- Built-in reporting
- Virtual Domains (VDOMs)
|FortiADC 60F||FortiADC 100F||FortiADC 200F||FortiADC 300D||FortiADC 400D||FortiADC 1000F||FortiADC 2000F||FortiADC 4000F|
|L4 Throughput||500 Mbps||1.5 Gbps||3 Gbps||6.0 Gbps||12.0 Gbps||20.0 Gbps||40.0 Gbps||60.0 Gbps|
|L7 TPS||100,000||400,000||580,000||275,000||1 M||1.7 M||2.6 M||4.3 M|
|L7 Throughput||450 Mbps||1.3 Gbps||2.5 Gbps||4.0 Gbps||8.0 Gbps||17.5 Gbps||24 Gbps||35 Gbps|
|SSL TPS (2048 keys)||55||500||900||1,500||7,000||20,000||37,000||54,000|
|Compression Throughput||400 Mbps||1.0 Gbps||2.1 Gbps||2.6 Gbps||6.1 Gbps||13.5 Gbps||18.0 Gbps||25.0 Gbps|
|SSL Acceleration Technology||Software||Software||Software||Software||ASIC||ASIC||ASIC||ASIC|
|Memory||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||8 GB||8 GB||16 GB||32 GB||64 GB|
|Network Interfaces||5x GE R45||6x GE RJ45||4x GE RJ45||4x GE RJ45, 4x GE SFP||2x 10 GE SFP+ slots, 4x GE SFP ports, 4x GE ports||4x 10 GE SFP+, 8x GE SFP, 8x GE RJ45||8x 10 GE SFP+, 8x GE SFP, 8x GE RJ45||8x GE SFP, 4x 10 GE SFP+, 2x 40 GE QSFP+|
|10/100/1000 Management Interface||—||—||—||—||—||1||1||1|
|Storage||64 GB SSD||64 GB SSD||1 TB Hard Disk||128 GB SSD||128 GB SSD||128 GB SSD||240 GB SSD||480 GB SSD|
|Management||HTTPS, SSH CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP||HTTPS, SSH, CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP||HTTPS, SSH, CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP||HTTPS, SSH, CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP||HTTPS, SSH CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP||HTTPS, SSH CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP||HTTPS, SSH CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP||HTTPS, SSH CLI, Direct Console DB9 CLI, SNMP|
|Power Supply||Single||Single||Single||Single||Single (optional Dual)||Dual||Dual||Dual|
|Form Factor||1U Appliance||1U Appliance||1U Appliance||1U Appliance||1U Appliance||1U Appliance||1U Appliance||2U Appliance|
|Input Voltage||100–240V, 50–60Hz||100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz||90–264V AC, 47–63 Hz||100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz||100–240V AC, 50–60 Hz||100–240V AC, 63–47 Hz||100–240V AC, 63–47 Hz||100–240V AC, 63–47 Hz|
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||14.3 W / 11.9 W||40 W / 60 W||60 W / 72 W||96 W / 115 W||109 W / 130.8 W||320 W / 267 W||340 W / 282 W||360 W / 300 W|
|Maximum Current||115Vac/0.9A, 230Vac/0.6A||100V/1.5A, 240V/0.6A||115V/6A, 230V/3A||100V/5A, 240V/3A||100V/5A, 240V/3A||120V/7.1A, 240V/3.4A||120V/7.1A, 240V/3.4A||120V/8A, 240V/4A|
|Heat Dissipation||49 BTU/h||132–163 BTU/h||205 BTU/h||392.4 BTU/h||446.3 BTU/h||1092 BTU/h||1160 BTU/h||1228 BTU/h|
|Operating Temperature||32–104°F (0–40°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)||32–104°F (0–40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31–158°F (-35–70°C)||-4–167°F (-20–75°C)||-13–158°F (-25–70°C)||-13–158°F (-25–70°C)||-13–158°F (-25–70°C)||-13–158°F (-25–70°C)||-13–158°F (-25–70°C)||-13–158°F (-25–70°C)|
|Humidity||20–90% non-condensing||10–85% relative humidity, non-operating, non-condensing||5–95% non-condensing||5–95% non-condensing||5–95% non-condensing||5–95% non-condensing||5–95% non-condensing||5–95% non-condensing|
|Regulatory Compliance||FCC Part 15 Class A, C-Tick, VCCI Class A, CE, UL/c|
|Safety||CSA, C/US, CE, UL|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.5 x 8.5 x 6.3||1.75 x 17.3 x 10.55||1.75 x 17.05 x 13.86||1.73 x 17.24 x 16.38||1.73 x 17.24 x 16.38||1.7 x 17.24 x 20.87||1.7 x 17.24 x 20.87||3.46 x 17.24 x 20.87|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||38 x 216 x 160||44 x 440 x 268||45 x 433 x 352||44 x 438 x 416||44 x 438 x 416||44 x 438 x 530||44 x 438 x 530||88 x 438 x 530|
|Weight||2.2 lbs (1 kg)||9.9 lbs (4.5 kg)||17.2 lbs (7.87 kg)||20 lbs (9.07 kg)||22 lbs (9.97 kg)||22.6 lbs (10.3 kg)||22.6 lbs (10.3 kg)||27 lbs (12.25kg)|
Download the FortiADC Series Datasheet (.PDF)
- Hardware plus FortiCare Premium and FortiADC Standard Bundle
Hardware Unit, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, FortiADC WAF Security Service, & IP Reputation Service
- Hardware plus FortiCare Premium and FortiADC Advanced Bundle
Hardware Unit, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, AV, WAF, IP Reputation, and FortiADC Cloud Sandbox Service
- FortiADC Premium Support Standard Bundle Contract
Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, FortiADC WAF Security Service, & IP Reputation Service
- FortiADC Premium Support Advanced Bundle Contract
Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades, FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, AV, WAF, IP Reputation, and FortiADC Cloud Sandbox Service
- FortiCare Premium Support
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades
- FortiDDoS FortiCare Premium Support
FortiCare Premium Ticket Handling, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware and General Upgrades. This service level includes a FortiDDoS responsiveness SLA of 30 minutes for Priority 1 incidents.
- Prices are for one year of Premium RMA support. Usual discounts can be applied.
- Annual contracts only. No multi-year SKUs are available for these services.
- Contact Fortinet Renewals team for upgrade quotations for existing FortiCare contracts.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $713.42
Our Price: $713.42
Our Price: $713.42
Our Price: $1,783.55
Our Price: $2,318.61
Our Price: $713.42
Our Price: $713.42
Our Price: $824.00
Our Price: $713.42
Our Price: $713.42