The Latest Fortinet News
Product and Solution Information, Press Releases, Announcements
Fortinet Receives Recommended Rating in NSS Labs Data Center Intrusion Prevention System Test Report
Fortinet’s Data Center-based Intrusion Prevention Systems Continue to Offer the Industry’s Most Effective Combination of Security, Performance, and Value SUNNYVALE, Calif. - Mar 15, 2018 John Maddison, senior vice president of products and solutions, Fortinet “Before investing in Network Security equipment, we always recommend that customers test according to their specific environment. For many organizations, however, that is simply not possible. Which is why we are so committed to third party testing. But for those tests to be valuable, they need to reflect real world requirements. Because Data Center IPS plays such a critical role in protecting applications, it’s important that any security product testing addresses security effectiveness as well as performance. The latest DC IPS Group Test report from NSS Labs shows that not all vendors perform the same when it comes to these parameters. Fortinet is pleased to have received this hard earned recommended rating, building on its prior recommendation for Next Generation Firewall and Data Center Security Gateway.” News Summary Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced the results from NSS Labs’ annual Data Center Intrusion Prevention System test report. The testing revealed that both Fortinet's FortiGate IPS 3000D and FortiGate IPS 7060E excelled in the areas of performance, total cost of ownership, and security effectiveness, and as a result received NSS Labs' coveted 'Recommended' rating.
- The FortiGate IPS 3000D delivered the highest combination of Security Effectiveness and Value per protected Megabit Per Second (Mbps) in the NSS Labs Security Value Map (SVM) for Data Center Intrusion Prevention Systems (DCIPS).
- The FortiGate IPS 3000D was demonstrated to exceed the IPS throughput guaranteed in its data sheet.
- The FortiGate IPS 3000D blocked 98.73% of exploits and 100% of evasions.
- NSS Labs' Data Center IPS report provides the industry’s most comprehensive test results for effectiveness and performance for security appliances protecting today’s complex and high-performance data center environments. It plays a critical role in helping customers evaluate and select the best solutions for their data center environments based on real-world results.
- Exploit Block Rate: 98.73%
- Evasions Blocked: 100%
- IPS Protected Throughput: IPv4 – 28,743 Mbps, IPv6 – 24,756 Mbps
- Data Center Intrusion Prevention Systems: FortiGate 7060E and FortiGate 3000
- Data Center Security Gateway: FortiGate 7060E and FortiGate 3000
- Breach Prevention Systems: FortiSandbox Cloud, FortiGate 600D, FortiMail Virtual Appliance, and FortiClient
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System: FortiGate 600D
- Breach Detection Systems: FortiSandbox 2000E and FortiClient
- Next-Generation Firewall: FortiGate 3200D and FortiGate 600D
- Web Application Firewall: FortiWeb 3000E
- Advanced Endpoint Protection: FortiClient