The Latest Fortinet News
Product and Solution Information, Press Releases, Announcements
|Electricity Authority of Cyprus Powers End-to-End Network Security Protection with Fortinet|
|Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 02:42:00 PM|
Integrated Security Provides Multi-Threat Protection from the Core to the Network Perimeter.
August 2, 2010 - Fortinet® - a leading network security provider and a worldwide leader of unified threat management (UTM) solutions – today announced that the Electricity Authority of Cyprus has deployed Fortinet appliances for end-to-end network security protection. As part of its new Internet perimeter security infrastructure, the Electricity Authority of Cyprus has deployed Fortinet FortiGate® appliances as well as FortiMail™, FortiWeb™, FortiClient™, FortiAnalyzer™ and FortiManager™ appliances.
Previously using point solutions from different vendors for its network security infrastructure, the Electricity Authority of Cyprus found the solutions complex to manage as well as having interoperability issues. In addition, the rapidly changing information security landscape was a driving factor in the Electricity Authority of Cyprus looking at a multi-threat security appliance approach to protecting its network.
Some of the key requirements that the Electricity Authority of Cyprus had for its new security infrastructure included: a redundant Internet connection; stateful firewall protection; two levels of network security protection; the ability to create DMZs between two sets of firewalls; unified threat management functionality including intrusion prevention, antivirus, antispam, Web application protection and endpoint security protection along with the ability to easily manage and analyze data crossing the network.
“Fortinet provided an intelligent integration of multiple security technologies to protect EAC against blended threats. The architecture, with integrated hardware acceleration, provided us a high performance and scalable security solution while delivering at the same time a centralized management and reporting platform,” said Socrates Avraamides, IT security officer at Electricity Authority of Cyprus.
Working closely with GCC Computers Ltd, a Fortinet channel partner and leading IT and security solutions provider, the Electricity Authority of Cyprus selected the following Fortinet products for its Internet perimeter security project:
* Two FortiGate-620B appliances in high availability (HA) mode serving as the external firewall and two more as the internal firewall
* Two FortiGate-620B appliances to support BGP dynamic routing protocol
* Two FortiGate-310B appliances providing intrusion prevention in front of the external firewall, two in front of the internal firewall and two at the Vasilikos Power Station
* Two FortiGate-310B appliances to provide intrusion prevention protection at the different Electricity Authority of Cyprus locations
* Two FortiMail-200 messaging security appliances to scan all email crossing the network
* 1,000 FortiClient endpoint security solutions deployed on Electricity Authority of Cyprus employee laptops for VPN and antivirus protection as well as for WAN optimization
* Two FortiWeb-1000B appliances for Web application security
* Two FortiAnalyzer-1000B appliances for analyzing and reporting on data traversing the network
* Two FortiManager-400B appliances for managing all FortiGate appliances
“We are very pleased that the Fortinet platform is deployed as the backbone of the Electricity Authority of Cyprus’ network infrastructure, proving once again the robustness of our technology,” said Patrice Perche, vice president of International Sales and Support at Fortinet. “Our integrated security approach allows customers to benefit from true end-to-end network security, which becomes critical with today’s ever changing threat landscape and the continued extension of companies’ network perimeter.”