Fortinet FortiMail 100CComprehensive Messaging Security
The FortiMail 100C has been discontinued and replaced by the new FortiMail 200D, Click here!
The FortiMail-100C delivers the complete feature set of the FortiMail family in a convenient rack mountable form factor, making it ideal for your smaller office and remote office/branch office (ROBO) deployments.
FortiMail 100C Features & Benefits:
- Flexible deployment options (Transparent, Gateway, and Server) adapt to organizational needs and budget, minimizing infrastructure improvements and service disruptions
- Specialized MTA engine delivers high peak capacity, intelligent routing, QoS, virtualization, and inbound and outbound SMTP routing for maximum messaging performance
- Total message security solution including Identity Based Encryption capability as a standard feature
- Integrated logging and reporting engine provides visibility into messaging usage, quarantine statistics, and other management information
- Device-based licensing ensures opportunity to grow without incurring costly user-based licensing fees
- FortiGuard subscription services deliver dynamic updates to antispam and antivirus functionality automatically, through intelligence gathered by Fortinet's dedicated global threat research team
- Quick-start setup wizard and basic-mode GUI improve the simplicity of deployment and management
- Internal storage enables local archive of message content
- High availability (HA) options for increased reliability
FortiMail appliances and virtual appliances are proven, powerful messaging security platforms for any size organization – from small businesses to carriers, service providers, and large enterprises. Purpose-built for the most demanding messaging systems, FortiMail appliances employ Fortinet's years of experience in protecting networks against spam, malware, and other message-borne threats.
FortiMail prevents your messaging systems from becoming threat delivery systems. Its inbound filtering engine blocks spam and malware before it can clog your network and affect users. Its outbound inspection technology prevents other antispam gateways from blacklisting your users by blocking outbound spam and malware, including mobile traffic. FortiMail dynamic and static user-blocking gives you granular control over all of your email policies and users. Enforce secure content delivery with FortiMail Identity-Based Encryption (IBE), S/MIME, or TLS email encryption options. Prevent accidental and intentional loss of confidential data using FortiMail predefined or customized dictionaries.
High Performance and Unmatched Flexibility
FortiMail appliances provide high-performance email routing and security by utilizing multiple high-accuracy antispam filters. When coupled with industry leading real-time antivirus and antispyware protection from FortiGuard Services, FortiMail provides you with extremely fast and accurate messaging security that won't affect end users or delay their communications. Deploy messaging security in the mode that best suits your environment and users with FortiMail's unmatched flexibility.
Comprehensive Messaging Security
- Inspect more than 2 million emails per hour
- Unmatched deployment flexibility
- Apply Identity-Based Encryption in both push and pull methods
- Use customized and predefined dictionaries to prevent data loss
- Enforce email and security policies at a granular level
- Receive real-time security updates from FortiGuard® Services
Features & Benefits:
|Deploy appliances or virtual appliances in Transparent, Gateway, or Server modes||All email servers on the market deploy in Server mode, some offering a Gateway mode option. Fortinet is the only vendor to offer Transparent mode, enabling FortiMail to intercept emails without changing DNS MX records, or existing email server network configurations.|
|Apply Identity-Based Encryption in both push and pull methods||Ensures secure delivery of confidential or regulated content. Extremely easy to deploy – no additional hardware or software to install, no user provisioning, no pre-enrollment for recipient.|
|Data Loss Prevention and Compliance||Detect accidental or intentional loss of confidential or regulated data. Achieve PCIDSS or HIPAA compliance by blocking messages containing defined data patterns, or creating policies to enforce encryption of certain emails.|
|Identify and Block Spamming Endpoints||Prevent blacklisting of legitimate subscribers by identifying and blocking endpoints sending spam, including Smart phones. Ideal for Carriers and Service Providers.|
|No per-user or per-mailbox pricing||Complete, multi-layered antivirus, antispam, antispyware and anti-phishing protection for an unlimited number of users. Greatly reduces TCO.|
Choose from three modes of deployment – Transparent, Gateway, or Sever mode – to meet your specific messaging security requirements, while minimizing infrastructure changes and service disruptions:
Gateway Mode: Provides inbound and outbound proxy mail transfer agent (MTA) services for existing email gateways. A simple DNS MX record change redirects email to FortiMail for antispam and antivirus scanning. The FortiMail device receives messages, scans for viruses and spam, then relays email to its destination email server for delivery.
Transparent Mode: Each network interface includes a proxy that receives and relays email. Each proxy can intercept SMTP sessions even though the destination IP address is not the FortiMail appliance. FortiMail scans for viruses and spam, then transmits email to the destination email server for delivery. This eliminates the need to change the DNS MX record, or to change the existing email server network configuration.
Server Mode: The FortiMail device acts as a stand-alone messaging server with full SMTP email server functionality, including flexible support for secure POP3, IMAP and WebMail access. FortiMail scans email for viruses and spam before delivery. As in Server mode, external MTAs connect to FortiMail, allowing it to function as a protected server.
Identity Based Encryption (IBE)
IBE allows FortiMail to deliver confidential and regulated email securely – without requiring additional hardware, software user provisioning, or extra license fees. Use IBE to eliminate paper-based communications and reduce costs.
- Policy-Based Encryption: Automatically encrypt messages for compliance, based on content or recipient.
- Push or Pull Mode: Use Push, Pull, or a combination of modes to meet your requirements.
- Easy to Deploy, Use, and Manage: Deploy IBE in any mode, including Transparent mode, without user provisioning or additional hardware or software.
|10/100 Interfaces (copper, R-45)||1||0||0||0|
|10/100/1000 Interfaces (copper, R-45)||2||4||6||4|
|SFP Gigabit Ethernet Interface||0||0||0||2|
|Internal Backplane Base / Fabric Channel Interfaces||0||0||0||0|
|Redundant Hot Swappable Power Supplies||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Storage||1 TB||2 x 1 TB||2 x 1 TB (6 TB Optional)||2 x 1 TB (6 TB Optional)|
|RAID Storage Management||No||Software: 0, 1||Hardware: 1, 5, 10, 50, Hot Spare (Based on Number of Drives)||Hardware: 1, 5, 10, 50, Hot Spare (Based on Number of Drives)|
|Form Factor||Desktop||Rack Mount Appliance||Rack Mount Appliance||Rack Mount Appliance|
|Recipient-Based Policies (Per Domain / Per System) -Incoming or Outgoing||60 / 300||600 / 3000||1,500 / 7,500||1,500 / 7,500|
|Server Mode Mailboxes||200||1,000||3,000||3,000|
|Antispam, Antivirus, Authentication, and Content Profiles (per Domain / per System)||50 / 60||50 / 200||50 / 600||50 / 600|
|Unlimited Users Licenses||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Performance (Messages/hour) [Without queuing, based on 3 KB message Size]|
|Email Routing||90,000||400,000||1.5 Million||2.0 Million|
|FortiGuard Antispam||85,000||350,000||1.3 Million||1.8 Million|
|FortiGuard Antispam + AntiVirus||80,000||320,000||1.2 Million||1.6 Million|
|Height x Width x Length (in)||1.75 x 15 x 6.3 in||1.7 x 17.3 x 14.5 in||3.4 x 17.4 x 26.8 in||3.4 x 17.4 x 26.8 in|
|Height x Width x Length (cm)||4.4 x 38 x 16 cm||4.5 x 43.8 x 36.8 cm||8.6 x 44.3 x 68.1 cm||8.6 x 44.3 x 68.1 cm|
|Weight||4 lbs (1.8 kg)||10 lb (4.5 kg)||57.5 lbs (26.1 kg)||57.5 lbs (26.1 kg)|
|Power Required||100-240VAC||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz,
|100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 7.0 - 3.5A||100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 7.0 - 3.5A|
|Power Consumption (AVG)||56 W||181 W||152 W||200 W|
|Heat Dissipation||190.4 BTU||620 BTU||519 BTU||868 BTU|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 deg F (0 to 40 deg C)||32 – 104 deg F
(0 – 40 deg C)
|50 to 95 deg F (10 to 35 deg C)||50 – 95 deg F
(10 – 35 deg C)
|Storage Temperature||-13 to 158 deg F (-25 to 70 deg C)||-13 to 158 deg F
(-35 to 70 deg C)
|-40 to 149 deg F (-40 to 65 deg C)||-40 – 149 deg F
(-40 – 65 deg C)
|Humidity||5 to 95% non-condensing||10 to 90%
|5 to 95%
|5 to 95%
|Regulatory Compliance||FCC Class A Part 15, CE Mark||FCC Class A Part 15, UL/
CUL, C Tick, VCCI
|FCC Class A, UL/CB/CUL, C Tick, VCCI, US EPA Energy Star Compliant||FCC Class A, UL/CB/CUL, C Tick, VCCI, US EPA Energy Star Compliant|
|Industry Certifications||VBSpam Platinum, Common Criteria EAL 2+, FIPS 140-2 Validation|
FortiMailOS provides the following features:
|FortiMailOS Security Services|
Services & Support:
FortiGuard Security Subscription Services
FortiGuard Security Subscription Services deliver dynamic, automated updates for Fortinet products. The Fortinet Global Security Research Team creates these updates to ensure up-to-date protection against sophisticated threats. Subscriptions include antivirus, intrusion prevention, web filtering, antispam, vulnerability and compliance management, application control, and database security services.
FortiCare Support Services
FortiCare Support Services provide global support for all Fortinet products and services. FortiCare support enables your Fortinet products to perform optimally. Support plans start with 8x5 Enhanced Support with "return and replace" hardware replacement or 24x7 Comprehensive Support with advanced replacement. Options include Premium Support, Premium RMA, and Professional Services. All hardware products include a 1-year limited hardware warranty and 90-day limited software warranty.
Download the Fortinet FortiMail Datasheet (PDF).
- FortiCare/FortiGuard Continuous Service Policy: Fortinet designed FortiCare support and FortiGuard subscriptions to be continuous. When a customer does not renew by the expiration date, then a lapse in the service period occurs. Lapses in service will now require coverage back to contract expiration date in order to maintain continuous service coverage. The maximum back coverage is limited to six months. In other words, if the coverage has lapsed for more than six months, then out of a one-year renewal contract, six months will be used to cover the lapse in service and then the remaining service time will be used to provide continuing service. The difference between the new start date and end date will not be greater than the service period purchased.
- Pricing subject to change by Fortinet at any time without notice.
- All Hardware pricing includes 365 days Support coverage for Hardware, and 90 days for Firmware Updates & Email/Web Technical Assistance.
|FortiMail-100C 1 Year Hardware Bundle Upgrade|
|1 Year Hardware Bundle Upgrade from 8x5 to 24x7 FortiCare Contract for FortiMail-100C||#FC-10-00112-274-01-12
Our Price: $255.00
|Fortinet Bundle Renewals|
|FortiMail-100C 8x5 Bundle Subscription Renewal|
|The 8x5 Bundle Subscription renewal includes Return and Replace, Firmware Upgrades, 8x5 Enhanced Support, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam.|
|8x5 for FortiMail-100C, 1-Year Bundle Renewal||#FC-10-00112-954-02-12
Our Price: $300.00
|8x5 for FortiMail-100C, 2-Year Bundle Renewal||#FC-10-00112-954-02-24
Our Price: $562.00
|8x5 for FortiMail-100C, 3-Year Bundle Renewal||#FC-10-00112-954-02-36
Our Price: $787.00
|FortiMail-100C 24x7 Bundle Subscription Renewal|
|The 24x7 Bundle Subscription renewal includes Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware Upgrades, 24X7 Comprehensive Support, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam.|
|24x7 for FortiMail-100C, 1-Year Bundle Renewal||#FC-10-00112-953-02-12
Our Price: $444.00
|24x7 for FortiMail-100C, 2-Year Bundle Renewal||#FC-10-00112-953-02-24
Our Price: $832.00
|24x7 for FortiMail-100C, 3-Year Bundle Renewal||#FC-10-00112-953-02-36
Our Price: $1,165.00
|Fortinet FortiCare 8x5 Enhanced Subscriptions|
|FortiMail-100C Enhanced FortiCare 8x5, Renewals|
|The FortiCare 8x5 Enhanced Renewal includes 8x5 Enhanced Support, Return and Replace, Firmware Upgrades|
|8x5 Enhanced FortiCare for FortiMail-100C, 1-Year Renewal||#FC-10-00112-311-02-12
Our Price: $224.00
|8x5 Enhanced FortiCare for FortiMail-100C, 2-Year Renewal||#FC-10-00112-311-02-24
Our Price: $420.00
|8x5 Enhanced FortiCare for FortiMail-100C, 3-Year Renewal||#FC-10-00112-311-02-36
Our Price: $588.00
|Fortinet FortiCare 24x7 Comprehensive Subscriptions|
|FortiMail-100C Comprehensive FortiCare 24x7, Renewals|
|The FortiCare 24x7 Comprehensive Renewal includes 24x7 Comprehensive Support, Advanced Hardware Replacement (NBD), Firmware Upgrades|
|24x7 Comprehensive FortiCare for FortiMail-100C, 1-Year Renewal||#FC-10-00112-247-02-12
Our Price: $373.00
|24x7 Comprehensive FortiCare for FortiMail-100C, 2-Year Renewal||#FC-10-00112-247-02-24
Our Price: $700.00
|24x7 Comprehensive FortiCare for FortiMail-100C, 3-Year Renewal||#FC-10-00112-247-02-36
Our Price: $981.00