The Latest Fortinet News
Product and Solution Information, Press Releases, Announcements
|Fortinet Releases Modular Enterprise Endpoint Security Suite|
|Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 03:27:00 PM|
FortiClient 4.1 Premium Edition Offers High-Performance, Full-Featured Protection for Laptops, PCs; Freeware Version Minimizes Network Risks from Unprotected Personal Device. Fortinet - a market-leading network security provider and worldwide leader of unified threat management (UTM) solutions - today announced the latest release of its FortiClient™ Endpoint Protection Suite, which introduces a host of enterprise-class features to support the largest and most performance-intensive environments. In its latest version 4.1 release, FortiClient offers new features including SSL VPN, WAN optimization, application detection and endpoint control, while providing a fully manageable compliance infrastructure to help businesses reduce exposure to cyber security threats. As a full-featured solution, FortiClient 4.1 can provide broad protection for laptops and PCs or be implemented modularly to co-exist with other dedicated security products for endpoints.
Fortinet is also offering a standard and unmanaged version of FortiClient 4.1 that is free of charge to anyone - consumers, small businesses, large enterprises - who seeks comprehensive protection for their laptops and personal computers. Whereas many endpoint security solutions available on the market only provide firewall and/or antivirus protection, both the complimentary and licensed versions of FortiClient 4.1 offer the consolidated security approach of Fortinet's FortiGate® enterprise-class, multi-threat network appliances. Both versions also receive automatic updates from the FortiGuard® subscription service to help ensure protection against the latest threats.
The aggressive cybercrime environment that consumers and businesses face today means that every computer not connected to a secure network perimeter is at risk. In addition, mobile or remote clients open networks to infection and added risk every time those clients re-connect. By offering complimentary and licensed versions of its FortiClient 4.1 solution, Fortinet is helping to minimize the infestation of networks by removing the cost barriers that prevent consumers from deploying appropriate protection, especially as the lines between work and home computers are ever blurring with Internet email and increased use of potential virus transporters such as USB storage devices.
"With FortiClient Endpoint Security Suite, there is no reason for users around the globe not to have broad security protection for their laptop or desktop," said Anthony James, vice president of products, Fortinet. "An unsecured endpoint or one that only provides AV or firewall protection - whether for personal or business use - should be considered an imminent threat. It's not enough to offer minimal protection for endpoints or for just the ones touching the networks, which is why we're making the latest FortiClient product with enterprise-level security available to everyone."
Product Line & Features
A key benefit of FortiClient 4.1 is its modular functionality, which allows organizations that do not want to immediately supplant their current endpoint strategy to augment and enhance their security posture for endpoints. The features of FortiClient 4.1 can be implemented in full or turned on individually to meet the specific needs of each organization. Following are the latest enterprise-class features being introduced in the FortiClient 4.1 release:
* Application Detection - provides security policy for applications regardless of port or protocol used for communication;
* SSL VPN - offers secure connection to internal Web applications in the security perimeter;
* Accelerated Performance - along with WAN acceleration, the 4.1 release advances performance with new accelerated antispyware and antivirus engines that results in a 3x performance increase over the previous FortiClient 4.0 version; new antispyware engine adds yet another layer of protection against malware, performing a full system scan for known malware in just seconds;
* Endpoint Control - broad global automated infrastructure to help enforce endpoint security compliance.
The complete FortiClient product line is made up of the following three products:
* FortiClient Premium Edition - includes SSL/IPSec VPN, WAN optimization client, application detection, endpoint control, host antivirus/antispyware, firewall, intrusion prevention service, Web content filtering, endpoint management (FortiManager), FortiCare support services, antispam and Web content filtering re-rating
* FortiClient Standard Edition (complimentary version) - all premium edition features except endpoint management (FortiManager), FortiCare support services, antispam and Web content filtering re-rating
* FortiMobile™ for Windows Mobile, Symbian & Pocket PC - IPSec VPN, phone security with handset data encrypt/decrypt, personal firewall, antivirus, incoming call filter, SMS antispam, multi-language support